Aruba, Jamaica, Bermuda, Bahamas…we all know the words to that very famous Beach Boys song. Island life–ocean breezes, sunny days, palm trees swaying in the wind. Feel the sand between your toes, imagine the warm evenings, tropical drink in hand. Watch the sands of time slowing in the hourglass as they slip by on “island time”.
What isn’t to love about that laid-back lifestyle? What if you could have an island in your life on a daily basis? Nicely Done Kitchens & Baths would like to help you visit an island every day!
OK, by now you probably realize that we aren’t giving away a free trip for two to St. Martin’s. Sorry to burst your bubble and drag you back from daydreaming of coconuts and deep-sea fishing! No…we’re talking about kitchen islands–and we’d love to help incorporate one into your new kitchen design!
What is the purpose of a kitchen island? Why do you need one in your new kitchen? What are the benefits to including an island as part of your overall design?
- Additional storage in the form of drawers, shelves or cupboards.
- Additional counter space for food preparation.
- Customization–if you’re a baker, maybe a marble counter surface would be your dream. Do you have some beautiful dishes or cookbooks you’d like to display? We can design an island with open shelving. Looking for a place to locate the recycling bins? Let us install custom pull-outs.
- It’s the perfect spot for casual dining or buffet set-up. Design your island with an overhang, a high-low counter area, or partial cabinetry and turned legs with open space for seating. We can configure your island to accommodate your in-kitchen dining needs.
- It’s a fantastic spot for the kids–the island becomes the homework/craft/gathering area. You could even design your island to offer amenities just for the kids, such as mounting the microwave in the island or using low drawers with dividers for a lunchbox prep area. Putting items easily within their reach fosters independence in the kitchen.
- Locate your cooktop, sink or other kitchen amenities in the island–freeing up more countertop space.
- A beautiful island becomes the focal point of your kitchen–the choices in materials are unlimited. Do you love the color red but couldn’t imagine a kitchen full of red cabinets? How about regular wood cabinets and a stunning red island? Add an architectural range hood or hang some beautiful pendant lighting over the island to complete the look.
- Added resale value–including an island in your kitchen design will increase the resale value of your home when included as part of an overall new kitchen design/installation.
For those of you contemplating purchasing an island without a full kitchen remodel, we can provide you with several choices of well-crafted islands such as these:
Are you ready to learn more about owning an island? Call us today at Nicely Done Kitchens & Baths to set up a complimentary meeting with one of our amazing designers–they are ready to design the kitchen of your dreams, island included. Aloha!